Ajwan (Apium graveolens) Wild Celery Seeds
Description: Ajwain is native to the Middle East and is still common in Egypt as well as Indian cooking. Like turmeric, ajwain is a spice used to enhance digestibility rather than flavor. All parts of this herb have a very strong scent and can be used for medicine.
· Powerful antibacterial and antifungal properties.
· Balances agni- Helps in boosting our digestive functions by facilitating the release of gastric juices.
· Ajwain contains thymol- which is also the active antiseptic ingredient in some toothpastes.
· Anti-inflammatory properties.
· Eases respiratory infections
· Prevents hypertension, aids cardio health
Effect on Doshas: Pacifying Vata and Kapha, and increases Pitta
Rasa (taste): Bitter & pungent (Tikta & Katu)
Virya (potency): Heating (Ushna)
Vipaka (post digestive effect): Pungent (Katu)
MoreLife Market Products with Ajwan